Saturday, January 17, 2009

On Turning 67

On Turning 67

Three days ago I turned 67.

Yesterday someone asked, what does it feel like to be 67?

Truthfully, it feels no different from the day before or even turning 66. I'm not thinking differently, I don't feel different. (Well, maybe a few more aches and pains) Looking at pictures from a year ago, I don't look different.

So, what is different?

I am a bit wiser. I know I have become even calmer in my reactions to life around me. I am more open and more understanding of others. I am more focused on enjoying whatever time I have left to me. I still think of myself as younger than I am. And, I think much younger than I am. I am becoming an elder of the tribe.

My circle of friends is mostly younger than me, from a few years to many years younger. This helps to keep me on my toes, mentally as well as physically. The 20's something friends are especially good at this. They do not accept stock answers, why?, is often a response.

I love Life; I still want to experience new adventures. I look forward to each day. And while I make plans I try to stay in the now, the present. I set goals for the year and that is about as far as I go. Simply, I want each year to be a stepping stone for the next year. Besides, the Universe often brings us far more and better than we canever conceive.

What are the goals of a newly turned 67 year old?

I have five areas I am going to work with this year:

* Relationships - Build a lasting relationship. It's been over 6 years since I've been in a relationship and I feel it is time to explore this avenue again

* Health - Lose 35 pounds, and start walking daily, stop smoking

* Spirituality - Continue to grow and walk my path, attend a couple of workshops or classes

* Financial - A new stream of income, increase my savings

* Material Things - A new vehicle, new place to live

Most importantly, these three words to follow: Abundance, Gratitude, Growth.

I have rambled on enough for one day. Looking back over this, I have indeed rambled but, that's the name of this blog.

1 comment: